Friday, July 12, 2013

COMIC-CON COUNTDOWN #6

What has gone before: 

I’m a special guest of the 2013 Comic-Con International in lovely
San Diego and that’s pretty cool.  I’m bringng my family to the con
to show them the good parts of my world.  I’ve been writing these
little countdown pieces to keep myself focused on all I have to do
to get ready for Comic-Con.


The latest cool news I’ve received is that, writing for MTV Geek,
Patrick A. Reed has named my Spotlight on Tony Isabella as one of
the top ten comics panels at Comic-Con.  I honored to be on such a
list and I’ll try really hard not to suck on that panel.

Here’s the complete schedule of my Comic-Con stuff:

Thursday July 18, 2013 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Family Feud: The Comics Blogging Panel

With the 24-hour news cycle turning into a 24-minute news cycle,
fans are still getting their comics news from the top news sites
and blogs. Join moderator Tom Spurgeon in a no-holds-barred
discussion with comics journalists on how they make-and break-the
news, the ethics of journalism, the death of blogging, the uses of
social media, and ways you can join in on the fun. With Spurgeon
(The Comics Reporter), Heidi MacDonald (The Beat), Tony Isabella
(Tony’s Tips), Alexa Dickman (Ladies Making Comix), Rich Johnston
(Bleeding Cool), and special surprises!

Room 23ABC

Friday July 19, 2013 10:00am – 11:00am

Spotlight on Tony Isabella


Comic-Con special guest Tony Isabella is the man who brought you
Black Lightning, It the Living Colossus, The Shadow War of Hawkman,
Champions, and many more memorable comics, plus his long-running
column in Comic Buyer’s Guide. He will be ruthlessly interrogated
about them and other milestones of his career by his longtime
friend Mark Evanier.

Room 9

After my spotlight panel, I will be signing in the con’s Autograph
Area from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm.  I believe I’ll be at Table AA05.

Saturday July 20, 2013 4:30pm – 6:00pm

That ’70s Panel


It was a time of change in comics, with a new generation
intermingling with the old and taking command. Hear what it was
like from Martin Pasko (Superman, Swamp Thing), Tony Isabella
(Black Lightning, The Champions), Val Mayerik (Man-Thing, Howard
the Duck), Elliott S! Maggin (Superman, Green Arrow), George Pérez
(Teen Titans, Justice League), and moderator Mark Evanier (Groo the
Wanderer, Blackhawk).

Room 5AB

Sunday July 21, 2013 10:00am – 11:15am

Jack Kirby Tribute Panel


Each year, we set aside time to talk about Comic-Con’s first
superstar guest and the man they call The King of the Comics, Jack
Kirby. Jack left us in 1994, but his influence on comics, film, and
this convention has never been greater. Discussing the man and his
work this year are Neil Gaiman, Tony Isabella, and Kirby family
attorney Paul S. Levine. And of course, it’s moderated by Mark
Evanier.

Room 5AB 

If any of my bloggy thing readers or Facebook friends or industry
pals are coming to Comic-Con, I hope they attend these panels...or
catch up with me some other time during the convention. 

Come back here tomorrow for my final pre-Comic-Con patter.

© 2013 Tony Isabella

1 comment:

  1. We look forward to interviewing you for Comic Outpost TV at booth 802, on Thursday at 1:30. The interview will be streaming live on comicoutpost.net for all of your fans who cannot be there with us.

    ReplyDelete