Thursday, September 11, 2014

GARAGE SALES, LIKE LIGHTNING...

My next Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale will be happening on Friday and Saturday, September 12-13, at 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio. The garage sale hours are as follows:

Friday, September 12: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 13: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 13: 5 pm to 7 pm

Garage sales, like lightning
Should ever appear
To some fans hope
And to other fans fear

It’s less than 24 hours before the opening of this weekend’s garage sale. Before I went to bed last night, I looked over the displays and was not pleased. I saw too many empty boxes and too many open spaces on the tables. This would not do.

I woke up this morning and decided swift and meaningful action had to be taken. When someone walks into my garage sales, I want them to be bowled over by how much great stuff is available to them at bargain prices.  I kept thinking about this during my drive to the nursing room to visit my father. I didn’t think about it during my visit, but it was back in my thoughts as soon as I got into my van for the trip back to Medina.

Swift and meaningful action had to be taken.

I took a detour on my way home. I drove to my top-secret Fortress of Storage. My regular garage sale customers know what that means.

I’ll be unpacking boxes the rest of the day and putting all sorts of great comics and other items into the garage sale. I’m prepared to work through the night if that’s when it takes. But, when that garage door opens tomorrow morning, I believe both me and thee will be well pleased.

Assuming I can lift my fingers to the keyboard, I’ll have another garage sale update for you tomorrow.

[Thanks to Bob Ingersoll for our opening photo, which he snapped at last weekend’s Baltimore Comic-Con.]

© 2014 Tony Isabella

1 comment:

  1. Go, Tony, Go!
    I look forward to seeing what treasures you retrieve from The Fortress!

    ReplyDelete