Tuesday, September 9, 2014

GUARDIANS OF THE GARAGE SALE

My next Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale will be happening on Friday and Saturday, September 12-13, at 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio. The garage sale hours are as follows:

Friday, September 12: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 13: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 13: 5 pm to 7 pm

A few weeks back, I bought two bookcases at a neighborhood garage sale because they were in great shape, because I got the pair for $20 and because I know I’ll need them eventually. However, since I am a few months away from “eventually,” I had to put them somewhere and “somewhere” ended up being our garage. Unfortunately, the only place I could put them where one of my long tables of comics boxes was sitting.

I lost about eight boxes of comic books, but they were empty from my last garage sale. I don’t know if I’ll be putting out eight new boxes of old comics for this weekend’s sale, but I expect to add a few and maybe the full eight.

To make room for more comics, I’m putting the paperback books on a bookcase. The paperbacks will still be a quarter each, five for a dollar. I’m also moving all manga books to a bookcase and cutting their prices from $2-$5 to a dollar each.

I don’t think the manga books and the paperbacks will fill both of the bookcases. I’ll use the remaining shelf space for just as many mystery boxes as I can put together between now and the opening of the garage sale on Friday morning.

One of my other plans is to vary the sizes of the mystery boxes to make them more fun for me and more interesting for customers trying to decide which box they want to buy. The price of a mystery box, regardless of size, will remain five bucks. But don’t be too quick to judge a box by its size. I will say no more.

Keep watching the bloggy thing for more garage sale updates.  I’ll be back soon with more stuff.

You and me, we got a groovy kind of love.

© 2014 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment