Sunday, September 14, 2014

THE MORNING AFTER

This weekend’s garage sales were a slightly qualified success. The Friday and Saturday morning sessions were amazing, but the Saturday evening session was a bust. Overall, though, I achieved 120% of my financial goal for the weekend.

It was great fun chatting with my customers and friends, as well as watching them find comics and books that delighted them. There were some new faces who are looking forward to my next garage sales, the last ones of the year. Even the Saturday evening session brought me a couple of new customers who live just around the block from me.So, really all good. Except...

I woke up this morning with a cold and a sore throat, along with the excruciatingly painful toothache that has been plaguing me for several days now. Unfortunately, I can’t speak to my dentist until sometime tomorrow morning. I’m hoping he can squeeze me in sometime tomorrow or, at least, give me a busload of Vicodin to hold me over until he can fix the problem.

Sidebar. One of my goals for 2014/2015 is to get my teeth fixed so that I don’t turn into a toothless old crank. I’d rather be an old crank whose bite is every bit as bad as his bark. If the insurance would cover it, I’d like laser teeth. But I digress.

My final garage sale of the year comes in two weeks:

Friday, September 26: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 27: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 27: 5 pm to 7 pm

My goals for that sale including going through every box in my two units at the Fortress of Storage, consolidate them into one unit,pack the sale with more cool stuff than ever and maybe even double my usual financial goal. I’ll bring you updates in the bloggy thing between now and then.

One last note before I crawl back into bed. Some of the folks from my neighborhood will be having a neighborhood garage sale September 24-26. I’m not participating in that because I’m not looking to get the typical garage sale customer, but I support their efforts and will try to have more information on them for you.

That’s it for today. I’ll be back soon with more stuff.

© 2014 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment