Wednesday, June 24, 2015

INDY POP CON IS ALMOST HERE

Today (Wednesday) is my "Getting Ready for IndyPopCon Day." The convention is Friday, June 26 through Sunday, June 28, at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis. You can get further details by going to the event website.

I’m one of an army of terrific guests that includes Edward James Olmos of Battlestar Galactica and, more recently, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I hope I get the opportunity to tell him how much I enjoyed his layered performance on the latter. His character kept me guessing from his first scene to his last scene this season and that was due, in no small part, to his talent.

Also appearing at the convention: Tony Moore, Sam Jones, John De Lancie, Malcolm Goodwin, Sophie Henderson, Brooke A. Allen, Scott Shaw, Joe Corroney, Casper Van Dien, Jim Wynorski, Troy Brownfield, Lloyd Kaufman, Brizzy, Franchesco, Kevin Bachelder, and a bunch of fine people from my favorite film company, The Asylum. Okay, it’s tied with Disney/Marvel for my top spot, but I have a big heart and I can love both.

I’ll be appearing on two panels during the weekend:

Saturday, June 27
11:00 am
MOVIE BLOGGING: TALES FROM THE TRENCHES
with Kevin Bachelder and Greg Sorvig

Sunday, June 28
1:00 pm
COMIC CREATOR PANEL
with Brooke Allen, Tony Moore, Scott Shaw and the Amalgam Podcast Network

When I’m not on a panel or at a panel I’m not on or just wandering around the convention talking to cool people and looking at cool stuff - when you check out the website, you’ll see there are many cool panels, people and vendors - I’ll be set up at:

Booth Number 515

Please don’t be shy about stopping by my table. I’m always happy to sign Isabella-written stuff for both fans and retailers. I never charge for my signature. However, on the unlikely chance I have a long line and you have a whole bunch of comics for me to sign, I may have to sign just some of your items and ask you to go back to the end of the line for the rest. If you have less than a dozen items, I can sign them all without making that request of you. That sound fair to you?

I’m happy to answer questions at my table and on my panels. I’ll do my best to answer them all, though, on occasion, the answer might be “You’ll have to buy my new book.” Heh, heh, heh.

I love cosplayers, especially those appearing as characters I have created or have written. I’m delighted to pose for photos with you. All I ask is that you send me a scan of the photo with permission to use it in this bloggy thing or my Facebook page.

I'll have some stuff for sale at my booth. These will include:
 
The rare double-sided Superman that was created for Cleveland's International Superman Expo of 1988. My supply of these is limited, so I'll be selling them for $20 each.
 
I'll have a box of Isabella-written stuff, but I'm not sure what will be in that box or what the prices on the items will be. That's one of today's tasks.

I'll have a box of fairly recent comics priced at $1 each.

I'll have Archie digests for sale at $1 or $2 each. Digests originally priced under $5 will be a buck and digests originally priced over $5 will be two bucks.

There might be a miscellaneous box of other stuff, but that depends on how long it takes me to put together the other stuff..

Since 1000 Comic Books You Must Read is out of print until I get a chance to explain to the publisher that electronic versions aren’t even close to being the same as “in print” and that “out of print” means their rights to the book have expired, I won’t have copies of my award-deserving, best-selling book for sale. However...

If anyone has good condition copies of the book they are willing to part with, I’d be delighted to purchase them from you at $10 each. I would love to replenish my supply of the book so I can continue to sell it at conventions and my garage sales. If you have a large quantity of copies, email me before June 25 so I can be ready with payment for you.

I’m really looking forward to IndyPopCon. The show will be open to the doubtless eager public from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Friday, 10 am to 6 pm on Saturday and 10 am to 5 pm on Sunday.

I hope to see you there.

1 comment:

  1. Say hi to Kevin Bachelder for me! He's a good egg.......

    ---Keith

    ReplyDelete