Saturday, February 27, 2016

WIZARD WORLD CLEVELAND UPDATES

My Wizard World Cleveland weekend got off to a rocky start. There were a few bumps along the road as I traveled to war-torn downtown Cleveland, a minor medical issue and a few other mishaps. But I’ll be back at the show today (Saturday) and for at least a few hours on Sunday.

Wizard World Cleveland is at the First Merit Convention Center of Cleveland, 300 Lakeside Avenue in downtown Cleveland. The remaining show hours are:

Saturday, February 27, 2016: 10 am to 7 pm

Sunday, February 28, 2016: 10 am to 4 pm

I’ll be appearing on three panels on Saturday.

11:30 AM: DIVERSITY IN THE INDUSTRY (Room 26BC). A panel geared to spark awareness and imaginative thinking to assist with social and creative enrichment through “paradigm breaking” (thinking out of the box) approaches towards a directed effort in diversifying the industry market with fresh new characters and content, presented by AHR Visions, LLC

2:00 PM: FROM THE AVENGERS TO AGENT CARTER TO JESSICA JONES AND SOME DUDE NAMED DEADPOOL! (Room 26A). Marvel Comics at 77 with Danny Fingeroth and me.

5:00 PM: HOW TO WRITE COMICS (Room 26A) with Fred Van Lente, Marc Sumerak, Danny Fingeroth and me.

I’ll be signing Isabella-written stuff at Artist Alley Table B-17. While I’m not bringing anything to sell, I will be handing out and signing fliers for two new collections of my 1970s comics writing. Marvel Masterworks: The Champions shipped this very week and Black Lightning Volume One will be shipping in March or thereabouts. You can also pick up a directory listing where you can find me online.

I’ll sign anything I’ve written and most items that have my name on them. There are exceptions, but fewer as I get older and much more forgiving. If there’s a line and you have more than five items for me to sign, I’ll sign the first five and then ask you to go to the back of the line. If you’re patient, I’ll sign everything you want signed...without charge.

I’ll happy to pose for photos with fans, crossplayers and guests. All I ask is that you send me the photo via e-mail with permission to use it in a future bloggy thing or on my Facebook page. There is no charge for photos.

I’m happy to answer questions about comics, my career in comics and just about everything else. Please understand that I cannot discuss the ongoing discussions between DC Comics and my own legal representative...or any concluded discussions between myself and other comics publishers. Except for this: I am very happy with my relationship with Marvel Comics and am optimistic I will be equally happy with my relationship with DC Comics.

If you would like to do an interview with me or have me appear on your podcast or other online show, I will do my best to accommodate you if that is at all possible.

I have no set times at my table. Besides the panels, I have a few  meetings and other things that will take me away from Artist Alley. My current plan for Saturday is to spend as much time at my table as I can and to stay at the convention as close to closing time as I can. If you miss me, please try again.

My Sunday hours at the convention are undecided at this time. I am hoping to be at my table when the show opens. However, I may only be at the convention for three or four hours that day.

This bloggy thing of mine will be presenting my convention reports for both Pensacon (last weekend) and Wizard World Cleveland (this weekend). I hope to be entertaining and informative.

That’s all for now. I’ll be back soon with more stuff.

© 2016 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment